In all areas of our lives, technology has reduced the necessity to be physically present in order to effectively engage, and that has proven to be true for psychotherapy. Telehealth is a broad term that encompasses a wide range of remote and technology-based treatment options. At Bray Counseling we offer phone and video sessions when appropriate.
Many clients – whether they are out of town, ill, caring for a sick family member, or are a considerable distance from our office – are opting to connect via video conferencing.
Some benefits of Telehealth and Video Conferencing sessions:
- Research shows it has been effective in reducing symptoms of anxiety, depression and PTSD.
- Telehealth improves access to care for people who live in remote areas or who, due to illness or mobility problems, can’t leave home.
- Often in small towns and rural settings it is a huge challenge to find qualified and trained therapists for the treatment of specific mental health disorders such as OCD.
- Even in urban environments where therapists abound, cost, transportation and time constraints often prevent people from seeking mental health services.
- Telehealth also enhances psychological services by allowing us to support clients between visits.
Bray Counseling fully recognizes that all clients are unique and that one mode of therapy does not fit everyone. While the dynamics of telehealth therapy options differ from in-person interactions in our office, we are committed to working closely with every client to develop a treatment plan that works for them.