More and more teens and young adults report depression and anxiety as major problems they are struggling to cope with on a daily basis.
Perhaps you're here looking for help for yourself or maybe you're here looking for help for a loved one.
You are ready to seek some help, but are not sure where to start. What you do know is you want relief from the constant distress.
The stress of it all can ever cause some physical and cognitive symptoms such as:
- Gastrointestinal Issues such as nausea, irritable bowl symptoms, and constipation
- Sleep issues such as sleeping to much or insomnia
- Panic attacks that include racing heart, sweating, shallow breathing
- Chronic muscle and join pain
- Feeling fatigued and drained physically
- Inability to concentrate or focus
Perhaps you noticed you are trying to cope in ways that are not the most helpful or inline with your values. Maybe your parents, teachers, or boss are noticing you are not acting like yourself and that they are concerned.
Some less helpful coping skills can include:
- Being constantly tied to your phone to avoid feeling anxious, but finding that you constantly feel like you're missing out on something.
- Consuming endless amounts of you tube videos, video games, or social media post even when you KNOW you should be doing something else, like studying.
- Stuffing your emotions by eating or not eating in an attempt to control your world
- Avoiding your emotions by abusing alcohol or other substances
- Endlessly hopping from one interest to another and finding it impossible to commit to growing one talent or skill fully
- Having trouble letting go of unhealthy/toxic friendships or relationships as you find yourself continuing to get sucked back in
- Isolating yourself when depressed or anxious by avoiding friends and family when they reach out
- Sleeping excessive amounts to avoid dealing with life
- Procrastinating on completing projects or coursework
Ready for lasting change? We can help.
Being a teen and young adult is hard.
Sometimes all you need is a safe place to talk about life and feel heard, but sometimes learning some real life strategies to put into place is key.
Our counselors are here to help you identify where you are struggling and how you are actually thinking about these topics. We teach you about how thoughts affect moods and attitudes. Thoughts can even drive our behaviors without us even knowing it! Then we work along side of you, coaching you. You will start to move toward more constructive and productive ways of thinking that lead to behavioral changes and coping skills that are actually aligned with your values, hopes, and dreams.
There are infinite choices of therapists in the online sea. Don't be discouraged on choosing the "right" one. Our intake coordinator can help you choose the best fit for you. If you are motivated to make a lasting change that will give you benefits that last a lifetime, contact us now.