Whether it's OCD, agoraphobia, social anxiety, or fear of driving etc...Our intensive outpatient treatment program (IOP) for adults provides an opportunity to address the thoughts and fears that are keeping you from living the life you desire!
Fears, phobias, obsessions, and compulsions can be significantly decreased through the use of specific therapy methods.
These therapy sessions are typically 2-4 hours each, over multiple days each week, for 1, 2, or 3 weeks.
Based on your individual situation, obsessive theme, personality/temperament, and prior experience..we will design a custom-tailored treatment plan using a combination of evidenced-based and proven to be effective therapy tools.
Research has shown that frequent AND willing attempts to sit with and tolerate the anxiety and uncertainty that you feel following an exposure leads to quicker symptom reduction.
This is exposure and response prevention or ERP.
ERP is the gold standard method for the treatment of OCD.
But first, we spend a substantial amount of time educating and empowering you to gather the courage and grit you will need to move a mountain like OCD.
It is our job to design exposure activities that are:
- Sometimes light-hearted and even fun
- Relevant to you living your life fully
- That are in line with your values and goals
- That respect and honor your religious or spiritual beliefs
- That you can successfully complete and feel some accomplishment and momentum to keep going!
We stand by your side to motivate and to guide you as you practice the skills we teach throughout each session.
We use a variety of tools from methods that research has found effective in assisting in boosting your motivation to do the hard work required with ERP.
These evidenced-based strategies pull from:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Mindfulness and Meditation
These skills are practiced in the office, out in the community (grocery store, park, cafe, etc), and even in your car and home. We go to the places and environments you go...or want to go to again someday.
We go where it is necessary to face a fear to boost you towards reaching your goals.
Seriously, we go everywhere. Here are some of the places we've done exposure work:
- Barton Springs pool
- The airport
- The county courthouse
- The green belt hiking trails
- Driving up and down Mopac
- Local hospitals
- A beautiful church
- You get the picture!
Our goals are:
- to help you live a functional life
- to guide and encourage you to get back to doing the things that used to bring you joy and comfort
- to motivate you to stay the course and remind you why you are doing this hard work
- to teach you skills that will decrease your symptoms significantly
Because you want your life back!
Our program is discrete and confidential.
When confidentiality is of extreme importance for your public image or career (politician, celebrity, etc), we can make arrangements to work with you in the most private settings (for example your home).