Committed to healing and growth, the clinicians at Bray Counseling take a compassionate, non-judgmental, and evidence-based approach to guide clients towards the life, dreams, and goals they envision for themselves.
We provide individual therapy to teens and adults, but we also support the entire family. Often our clients find it extremely helpful to have their significant other, spouse, or family join them for one to two psycho-educational sessions. This allows us to help guide the client’s support team toward the best ways they can support their loved one and promote healing while at home. It also allows for a safe space for everyone to express their hopes, goals, and fears while getting critical questions answered from a professional.
While much of our individual counseling occurs within the framework of a once-a-week 50-minute sessions in our calm and therapeutic office setting, our clients are not required to fit within this model. Longer sessions are available upon request, and we offer consultations via phone or video conferencing when appropriate.
Additional examples of non-traditional therapy sessions include:
- 1.5 to 3 hour exposure and response prevention (ERP) sessions, 1 to 2 times a week, allowing time to practice facing fears in the office, out in the community, or in the home with the support and guidance of a trained therapist.
- Extended times for sessions as needed.
- Practice driving (up and down mopac, through downtown, or over bridges with your therapist guiding and motivating you forward).
- Ecotherapy or “walk and talk” therapy around beautiful Lady Bird Lake, along the green belt, etc.
- Telehealth therapy via phone or video conferencing.
Our individual counseling models are flexible and built upon what works for our clients. Once established with a therapist, you can discuss incorporating any of these non-traditional forms of therapy. Please note insurance may not cover these and additional fees may apply.